How to cure erectile dysfunction is a major query in many men. Men always find it skeptical to express their condition even to find a cure. About 33 % of men in the world suffer from some degree of erectile dysfunction at some point of time. It can be temporary as well as a long term problem. Of course, erectile dysfunction leads to a lot of complications in the marital relationships and may affect progeny.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
The causes of erectile dysfunction can be classified under two categories, physical and mental health concerns.
Erectile dysfunction is a complex condition that involves malfunctioning of any aspects, from brain, emotions, muscles, blood vessels and hormone levels. Problems in sexual arousal may result from any of the above categories.
In a few cases, both psychological and physical problems lead to ED. For example, minor injury may end up causing reduce sexual response which in turn may trigger stress and anxiety.
In addition to these factors, aging is something natural that triggers erectile dysfunction.
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
• Smoking – the major cause of erectile dysfunction
• Alcohol consumption
• Blood vessel problem or clogged blood vessels
• High cholesterol
• Heart disease
• Growth of scar tissue in the penile area
• Any injury or surgery in the spine and pelvis region
• Sleep disorder
• Side effects of certain medicines / prescription medicines like anti-depressants
• General neurological problems
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction
In about 50 percent of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction, it occurs due to psychological reasons.
• Stress – Caused due to number of factors from work pressure to family problems
• Lack of sleep
• Relationship problems
In a simple note, mere fear about the sexual performance or fear about sexual relationships might cause anxiety and lead to erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
Erectile dysfunction symptoms are characterized by inability to get erection, maintain erection, regularly or repeatedly.
• Trouble in getting erection
• Inability to maintain erection
• Lack or absence of sexual desire
Erectile Dysfunction Treatments
Erectile dysfunction treatments are based on proper diagnosis of an individual. Since it is triggered by a myriad of factors, physically and emotionally, identifying the appropriate reason helps in treating the condition.
• Analysis of physical health to identify the underlying health conditions is crucial.
• Similarly, counseling also makes one of the imperative erectile dysfunction treatments.
Without diagnosis of the underlying health condition that causes erectile dysfunction, all treatments go in vain.
Otherwise seen as healthy individual are likely to get offended by erectile dysfunction is merely due to fear about the relationships. On a surprise note, getting relieved from stress and unwanted fear about sexual relationships makes the best treatment for ED.
When it comes to treatments, following options are available.
1. Oral Medications – It is common practice to take pills to get an erection. However, mere taking oral medications won’t cure the condition. It is not an aphrodisiac to stimulate the sexual health.
2. Topical Medications – Although it is uncommon in practice, prescription topical medications are available for ED.
3. Penile Pumps and Implants – A pump is a vacuum device that creates vacuum and attracts blood to penis, which creates erection. In case of implants surgically implanting inflatable devices on the penis. It is considered the final resort to cure ED.
4. Surgery – When blood vessel is blocked, a surgery is performed. Surgery is generally performed due to physical health problems that cause ED.
There are over the counter medications available claiming to cure ED. However, it is recommended to seek appropriate medical advice before taking any medicines.
How to Cure Erectile Dysfunction
In addition to treatment options, you need to modify the lifestyle and habits for better. There are quite a few erectile dysfunction exercises you can do regularly to keep yourself fit and strong. Doing exercises also helps improving health in many ways.
• Quit smoking and smoking
• Lose weight
• Be physically active
• Sort out the issues that causes stress and depression
• Seek counseling